CKAN is a free data catalog software that is used in many open data portals worldwide. Also in Germany, many developers use, operate, develop, interface with and extend CKAN. We are looking forward to host a CKAN user meetup in Berlin: a half day get together of CKAN practitioners to share insights and ideas about CKAN.
Date: Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 (Day after Berlin Open Data Day)
Venue: Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany (Berlin)
This is the preliminary agenda. The idea is to start with three tutorials. After lunch we are going to dive into detailed discussions about topics that participants find interesting. If you want to follow the tutorials with your machine, please bring a running CKAN “from source” installation.
- 10:00: Towards writing CKAN extensions with an application to authorization and custom forms by Seanh (OKF)
- 11:00: opendataregistry-client – A middleware or rich CKAN client in Java by Simon (FhG FOKUS)
- 11:30: It’s about data – Data manipulation with CKAN datastore by Dominik (OKF)
- 12:00: Lunch break
- 12-15 On demand discussions about at least
- Making your CKAN upgradable – DOs, DONTs, Issues
- CKAN documentation road map and questions
- Managing license variety
- CKAN for research data
- CKAN and semantics / linked data